Domain means logical boundary of computers,Domain contains “Domain controller, clients and member servers,Domain is controlled by domain control,Domain I s represented by triangle,in Domain we have two types of user accounts.They are
- local User Accounts
- Domain User Accounts
A user account created in local database (SAM) of a computer,Local users are generally used in work group model,Local users can login only their respective computers.
A user account created in active directory database (NTDS.DIT),Domain user accounts are used in domain model,Domain user can log on to any computer in the domain (when logically connected).
- On system (Domain controller) log on as an administrator.
- Select Start.
- Select Active Directory users and computers
- Right click on users.
- Select new user and fill the all details
- Click next and type password
- Then type your user name @ networking.com
- usernme@domain .com is called as “user principle name”
- Select finish.
- After complete this process open command prompt type “gp update” press enter.
Ex: Ravi Namboori is your name Type as it is in first name and last name
On system 2(member server system) sign out the administrator and select other user and type the user name and password then press enter your welcome screen will be appeared.
- On system 1 (Domain controller) –open “Active Directory users and computers”.
- Right click on users.
- Select new user and fill details without password.
- Then click next .it displays error message as it like “windows cannot set the user for your selected username because the password does not meet the length, complexity and password policy.
- We have to change passwords policy to overcome this problem by using below steps.
- On system 1(Domain controller).
- Select start.
- Then select “group policy managements”.
- Right click on default domain policy select edit button.
- Then click on computer configuration polices.
- Next go to windows settings then security settings .
- Account policies next password policies.
- In password policies “set minimum password length is zero(0) characters.
- Then press ok button and double click on “password must meet complexity requirements” then select disable option and click ok button.
- Finally close all tabs open command prompt enter “gp update” then press enter.
On system 2(member server system) sign out the administrator and select other user and type the user name then press enter your welcome screen will be appeared.